At Residential Home Health and Hospice (‘Residential’), we’re looking to add to our extraordinary care team. Grounded by our belief that outstanding care is best delivered in a team-based environment, our Hospice Quality Assurance RN will partner with our field staff and leaders to provide the best support to the patients that we serve.
With our 20-year track record, Residential is a strong leader in the industry. We are consistently named a Top Workplace by our employees and genuinely care where you are in your career path.
This role will work with our clients in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Illinois.
Our high value rewards package:
- Up to 22 paid holiday and personal days off in year one
- Company funded pension
- DailyPay: Access your money when you want it!
- Industry-leading 360 You™ benefits program
- Company paid emotional health and wellness support for you and your family
- Adoption assistance
- Access to Ramsey SmartDollar
Certain benefits may vary based on your employment status.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Work collaboratively with Nursing Supervisors to ensure documentation is complete and consistent with care and reflects legal requirements
- Review all Medicare and other episodic payers’ clinical records at the local level to ensure appropriate documentation for reimbursement, including verification of appropriate documentation, quality of care provided, visits utilization, appropriate contacts with physicians, adherence to the plan of care, and evidence of communication between disciplines
- Oversee the maintenance of clinical records and files to comply with the Conditions of Participation (COPs), ACHC, and state guidelines
- Audit charts for clinical oversight and compliance and adherence to Medicare guidelines
- Communicate with the Clinical Supervisor/VP of Clinical Operation regarding identified trends of deficiencies with Medicare Conditions of Participation, clinical care, coordination of care, and documentation for the purposes of requiring more extensive education or action of clinical staff
- Review 485 Plain of Care documents for accuracy and completeness prior to locking and submitting data electronically, educate and mentor clinicians and staff on COPs and on billable skilled visits
- Educate and mentor clinicians one-on-one (in person or over the phone) regarding concerns, question, accuracy of 485 Plan of Care data and other related documents that are being reviewed
- Facilitate the ICD-10 coding of the Plan of Treatment based on 485 Plan of Care data and patient assessment documentation that is assessed at the bedside
- Perform quarterly chart audits to identify trends and send the findings to the Quality Assurance Supervisor to include in the QAPI report/program
We are looking for compassionate Hospice Quality Assurance RN with:
- Registered Nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state in which you work
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred
- Three (3) – five (5) years' experience in clinical nursing with an emphasis in home/hospice nursing preferred
- Prior ICD9/10 coding experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Medicare Conditions of Participation
- Analytically inclined and detailed oriented to ensure proper and accurate coding for reimbursement
Questions? Call us at (888) 444-0454.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
NOTICE: Successful completion of a drug screen prior to employment is part of our background process, which includes medical and recreational marijuana.
By supplying your phone number, you agree to receive communication via phone or text.
By submitting your application, you are confirming that you are legally authorized to work in the United States.